Common toxins that can seriously affect dogs and cats include chocolate, rodenticide, and antifreeze. These items contain substances that can adversely affect an animal’s internal organs and functions. There are a variety of clinical signs and available treatments for toxin ingestion, and symptoms can range from GI upset and lethargy to bleeding, seizures, and even death.
Other common toxins include NSAIDs, such as Aspirin, Rimadyl, and Metacam, onions, grapes, raisins, and organophosphates, such as flea and tick solutions. If you suspect your pet is suffering a toxin ingestion, please call 303-678-844 to have them seen right away.
For more information on clinical signs of toxin ingestion, treatment plans, and prognosis, click on the PDF logo.