Specialty Services: Physical Rehabilitation and Therapy
AMVS partners with Colorado Integrative Veterinary Services (CIVS) to offer rehabilitation and pain management therapy for post-operative, geriatric, or injured patients. CIVS is Boulder County’s first mobile rehabilitation veterinarian. Dr. Amanda Hensley, DVM, CCRT, CVA, owner of CIVS, travels to your home to provide complete rehabilitation services for your pet.
Dr. Hensley’s areas of special interest include rehabilitation and pain management for geriatric and post-operative animals. Dr. Hensley believes an integrated approach to each case is the most effective and enjoys bringing together aspects of Eastern and Western medicine for the most complete treatment available.
Conditions that may benefit from rehabilitation and pain management include:
- Arthritis and other “aging changes”
- Joint injuries/surgeries, including luxating patellas, ACL tears, hip dysplasia, and elbow dysplasia
- Neurologic injuries/surgeries, including disc rupture, FCE, and Wobbler’s disease
- Muscle and tendon injuries
- Athlete conditioning and fitness
Therapy options offered include:
- Therapeutic Exercises
- Laser Therapy
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation
- Massage Therapy
- Herbal and Nutritional Consults
For more information about the services provided by Colorado Integrative Veterinary Services, please visit their website.