Full-Time at the Longmont and Boulder Hospitals
Applicants must have the ability to work compassionately, calmly and effectively under pressure in emotionally intense situations; accurately and consistently follow directions; strive for continuous learning; possess good communication skills; work well in a team environment with a good sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Client Relations:
- Entering patient and client information into DVMax when needed
- Know basic reception duties which may include taking payments/deposits
- Technical Assistant Duties:
- Restraining animals for Vet Tech on duty to help with radiographs, blood draws, IVC placement.
- Setting up and retraining patients for Ultrasound
- Follow all protocols, policies and procedures of Aspen Meadow
- Using proper technique and positioning in radiology
- Submission of radiographs in a timely matter for standard and stat reviews
- Copy radiographs to a CD for the client
- Able to send out lab tests to designated labs/universities.
- Operate all lab/diagnostic equipment
- Procyte, Catalyst, Coagulation tests, Blood Typing Tests, Idexx Snap tests, etc
- Nursing care for hospitalized patients
- Making sure all animals are on clean bedding.
- Walk animals, as needed, outside for bathroom breaks
- CPR Situations:
- Recording notes on all drugs that are administered
- Cleaning list:
- Finish the cleaning list prior to clocking out for your shift